Though elevators and escalators are the safest medium of transportation in the world, accidents can occasionally occur as a result of unsafe riding practices. Frankson Group realises the importance of following some simple escalator safety guidelines to ensure passenger safety. It's essential not only to know how to properly ride elevators & escalators but also what to do if the elevator malfunctions. Please refer to the elevator safety tips below for more information on both situations. Please abide by the safety norms to keep safe and secure.
ELEVATOR SAFETY TIPS :
* Before getting on the elevator, know your destination and push the down or up button once and make sure to stand aside for the outgoing passenger(s).
* Do not attempt to stop a closing door with anything. Just wait for the next elevator.
* Be careful while entering and leaving an elevator. Observe the entrance floor and if elevator floor is not levelled with each other, step over the gap if not dangerously wide.
* When riding on the elevator, stand back from the doors and pay attention to the floor indicators and be prepared to exit at your desired floor.
* If the door does not open when the elevator stops, push the door open button. If the door still does not open, ring the alarm button and/or use the emergency telephone or intercom and ask for assistance. Wait patiently until qualified personnel can assist you. Never force the doors open or try to exit. Attempting to open the elevator doors by force can be very dangerous and can result in injury.